Work with us!
House and Community Manager
It's a sweet deal. Do you own thing in our super shared house and coworking space, whilst working for an hour or so per day to ensure our house runs smoothly, supporting our community of passionate and dedicated independent professionals, entrepreneurs, artists, travellers… You'll help them network, solve day-to-day issues, and acclimatise to Delhi.
- The boss—but egalitarian and great with people.
- Responsible, reliable and independent.
- Capable of anticipating and effectively resolving issues.
- Confident in Hindi and familiar with Delhi.
- Welcome and induct members upon arrival and oversee their departures, which may sometimes involve staying up late.
- Be present in the house at least half the day on weekdays, but be prepared to answer your phone or return to the house when needed.
- Oversee the staff and their tasks, ensuring the house is orderly, well-maintained, and well-stocked.
- Moderate and maintain responsibility for the behaviour and safety of members, ensuring everyone looks after the house, and in extreme cases, warn or eject anyone who breaks our guidelines.
- Engage members through events, in-person and online (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), promoting collaboration with each other and outside opportunities.
- Commit for a minimum of 6 months, and train your replacement adequately before moving on.
- Free accommodation and meals (Rs.21,500/month), and potentially a small cash stipend. (No salary.)
- If desired you may also take on an ambassadorial role and organise events and other activities, or potentially a longer-term interest in the project.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter to email@example.com mentioning why you'd be right for the role, your availability (i.e. hours/days), your Twitter/Tumblr (if any), and a link to something that might entertain or inform us!